European odds belongs to one of the odds that frequently appears in sports betting tables, especially football. This can be considered the easiest form of betting that new players should try when entering the world of soccer betting. So what is European betting and how to play it? Follow the content in the article below to understand all related information!
What is European handicap?
European bets are also known as 1×2 bets because this symbol will represent the bet on the bookmaker’s odds tables. This is also a popular choice and is more widely favored than Asian handicaps and Over/Under handicaps. With simple gameplay, the bonuses are still very attractive European odds.
In this type of bet, the bettor will predict which team will win the final match without paying attention to the score. If you predict a draw, you will also have the option to bet on a draw. In this bet there are 3 options, equivalent to 3 symbols:
- 1: Home – Bet on the home team to win.
- X: Draw – Bet that both teams will draw.
- 2: Away – Bet on the away team to win.
Cases where European odds are applied in matches
Normally, bookmakers will apply 1×2 odds for half or the whole match. Therefore, bettors will be able to choose to participate:
- 1×2 HT handicap: Predict which team will win, lose, or draw in 45 minutes of play + first half overtime.
- 1×2 FT handicap: Predict the team to win, lose, or draw in the full 90 minutes of the match + overtime.
If the match has extra time, the bookmakers will calculate the following odds table.
Should I participate in 1×2 betting?
As analyzed, European odds Very easy to play and suitable for most bettors, even rookies. Instead of having to worry about researching handicap numbers for Asian handicaps or predicting total goals like Over/Under handicaps, bettors just need to predict which team will win.
Normally, matches with a large difference in strength between the two teams will be much easier to predict because the team with high performance will easily win. However, the element of surprise in the ball is still possible. Besides, the reward rate for teams with outstanding strength will not be high. New recruits joining for the first time also don’t need to pay too much attention to the amount of money they win or lose. The 1×2 bet will definitely be a reasonable choice, helping bettors win easily.
Easy to understand example of a European odds table
How to read the odds is the key so you can calculate the odds and choose the right bet. To make it easier to imagine, the following is a detailed example of how to read and calculate the winnings and losses of a specific match:
In Soi Kèo Hi88, the match just took place between Vietnam and Iraq in the Asian Cup tournament with 1×2 odds of 3.5 for Vietnam, 2.0 for Iraq and 5.0 for a draw. Players will have 100K to bet and have the following possibilities:
When Vietnam wins with any score, there are results in European odds:
- Vietnamese bettors will receive a bonus at the rate of 100K * 3.5 = 350K.
- Players who bet on Iraq and Draw will lose all their bets.
When Iraq wins, the bet results will be:
- The player who bet on Iraq wins 100K * 2.0 = 200K.
- The player who bet on Vietnam and Draw lost all 100K.
The two teams tied
If two teams tie with any score then:
- Players betting on Vietnam and Iraq both lost 100K.
- The player who bets on a Tie will win 100K * 5.0 = 500K.
Some great experiences in playing European odds
Through the example above, you can see that 1×2 is too easy to play. However, if you want to win bets and win bonuses, you need to equip some of the following tips:
- Betting analysis: Special research is needed on the strength, confrontation history, starting lineup, and player performance of both teams. You can also refer to the information at Trang Chủ Hi88 for more betting information.
- Avoid fake bets: You need to be alert before bets with too high reward rates. This is definitely a lure from the bookies because there is no such thing as “sitting cool and winning a bowl of gold” in the betting market.
- Choose time: Bettors should place bets within 5 – 10 minutes of the match. The reason is because after this period of time, you will be able to identify the playing style, tactics as well as the situation of the match.
Reading and calculating winning and losing amounts European odds nothing special, extremely easy to understand. Just apply more betting experience and bet wisely, victory will definitely be in your hands.